Last Friday night was (I hope) Tinny’s last ride along in the back of my car. She’s done so well in the car for so long that I guess she didn’t want me getting spoiled. That, or she sensed the impending completion of the fence around the TCU (Tinny Containment Unit).
Without a lot of words, let me give you the play-by-play on Friday night, which will clearly explain why Ryan jumped out of bed Saturday morning and finished the fence lickety-split, and why I am oh-so-happy to leave Tinny in it on my next outing.
- I drove downtown to meet up with Ryan and friends for some drinks and First Friday, with Tinny in tow.
- Before leaving downtown we hit Coffee & Chocolate to pick up one of my favorite little cakes.
- I had a couple glasses of wine and was (ahem) hormonal anyway (hence the chocolate).
- We left downtown but made a stop in Bearden for a friend’s art event.
- Tinny stayed in the car, as did the chocolate cake (need I finish this list??).
- When I walked back out to the car and saw the cake box in shreds and licked clean… I opened the back door and just started swinging (my purse).
Not sure who was more afraid at that point – Tinny or Ryan. And I only realized as I was getting in the car to drive away that there was a small group of folks gathered outside our last stop, bearing witness to my little tirade… folks with whom I’d just been chatting like a sane individual, not 3 minutes earlier.
So as I said, Saturday morning the fence got finished in a hurry. The TCU is now complete. Time for a test run………..